Blog Archive

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Ruruka ririka rurarira rurara, don't hate me though I post so late

Between my self-destructive logic and my desire to make fun things, I've let the poor blog get neglected! Again! (Holy geez, I only posted three times this year. Was it really that busy?!)


But that's a story for another day. So here's the downlow on X4:


In-game battle voices: 90% (Everything's recorded, it now needs to be injected into the game.)
Pre-battle intros: 70% (Iris and General need to wrap theirs up.)
Cutscenes: 50% (A little more mastering and injection needs doing.)
Sound engineer is elfing around: 95% of the time (I blame the Genmtendo Switch. Gunvolt and Fire Emblem are too addictive!!)

So we're almost at the finishing line! Finals have now ended, so please bear with us as we bring this project to a clean close!

... or so we thought.

Actually, I have an extra surprise for you:

The project doesn't just stop with a playable mod, as a bonus you'll also be getting the Maverick battle intros that unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to re-enable in-game.

There's also one more cool thing in store, but that'll have to wait until we finish the playable part first. I can't wait until you can give it a listen~



In other news, I found some interesting little tools recently for messing with PSX CD images. Someone a while back inquired about my making the mod playable on disc. At the time, I didn't think it could be done. But now, maybe I can give it a shot. Would you like to see that? I'd also like to give Megaman 8, Legends 2, and maybe even Eretzvaju a shot... but let's finish X4 first, shall we?

I also wanna finish working on those Ex-Aid and Gunvolt scenes. That'd be nice. I actually wanna take a stab at voicing some of the gameplay from GV2. The endgame scenes are just too much!

So that's that for now. Still busy as ever. One day I'll finish all my voiceover stuff and my backlog of videogames. *sigh*

Finals are over (for now), and Winter Recess has finally begun though! Maybe there's hope?! (Closers is finally in english...)

As always, follow me on twitter for more fun shenanigans, like this vid I made of Vegeta dancing.

(Side-note: Oh yeah, and in case you somehow haven't heard yet, Megaman 11 is a thing! Woot woot! Sad I can't voice in it, but moar Megs is always a wonderful thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment